Tuesday 10 March 2015

DIY Weaving Frame

I don't know about you but I have looked at buying weaving frames before and they can be quite expensive. I decided to make my own at school which is easy to make and inexpensive.

I used some plastic gridded gutter guard and cut a large square.
Then I tied it to two long sticks- one along the top and one along the bottom.
I used rope to hang it from our classroom verandah at a height that allowed the children to sit or stand at both sides of the weaving frame.


As we are talking about the sea I started the weaving off with some sea creatures.


I put out some material scraps, pegs, pipe cleaners and some sea creatures that I cut out of firm felt and punched holes in them.




The children could weave, peg, thread and poke!!





You could add any materials you can think of to compliment your theme or interests of the children.
Let me know what you think.
Niccola

No comments:

Post a Comment