Monday, 3 November 2014

Noodle Box Counting

I had some disposable noodle boxes left over from my daughters birthday and thought I could use them on the light table at school.


I attached the numbers 1-10 on the fronts of the noodle boxes as we are working on our numbers at the moment, hence all the Maths related blog posts.


have lots of wool scraps at school and so I thought I could cut up a variety of colours and lengths to represent noodles.



The children had to use the chopsticks to fill the noodle boxes with wool noodles and then add the correct number of pom poms to the noodles, from 1-10.  We discussed what the pom poms could represent and the children came up with lots of ideas- Chinese meatballs, vegetables, sausage etc...




Using the chopsticks was a lot of fun and a great fine motor activity. 
This activity could be done anywhere but was very effective on the light table as the noodle boxes are transparent.





You could use bowls or plates for this activity and crepe paper or ribbons as noodles.
The children thought it was great fun.
Niccola

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous, simple idea! Thanks so much for sharing :) #LinkandLearn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable activity! My youngest is focusing a lot on counting activities too, I am sure he would love to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great activity!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is such a cute activity!!! -Katie @ALittlePinchofPerfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea for counting! How creative!
    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!


    ReplyDelete