Tuesday 4 December 2012

2 Tuesdays till Christmas

Wow, what a Tuesday!


Making and decorating Christmas trees on the light table. This could be adapted and used on any table by making cardboard trees and using buttons, pom-poms or stickers. I encouraged the children to count, use colour names and make patterns.


At 8 o'clock on Monday night I asked my husband to nip to the garage and shape two old bits of wood into Mary and Joseph. I really wanted a large nativity set that we could put in the block area. After an hour of sweating he came up with two lovely shapes that I then had to paint. Due to the time constraints these are no works of art but the kids love them!



An interesting arrangement of materials on the playdough table. I got the children to think about what they could make with the materials below, look at what they came up with. 



Some very interesting reindeer!


See you next Tuesday...

8 comments:

  1. I really like your block nativty! Please consider sharing it over at Eco-Kids Tuesday Link-Up! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/12/eco-kids-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block nativity. Great painting skills. Thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are adorable! I just started a new ssaturday linky and would love to have you come by and link up each week! Thanks!
    http://teachbesideme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the idea to put Christmas themed props and materials out and let the kids go with it. Thanks for sharing on Eco Kids. I featured you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by to let you know that I featured you at Eco-Kids Tuesday! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-elfing-begins-again-eco-kids-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! Going to feature you tomorrow on my Kid's Co-op post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Idea for Christmas. May you have a Christmas Filled with fun and dance

    My heartfelt Christmas Messages for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas day toys is very funny for children.
    fostering agencies London

    ReplyDelete