Tuesday 12 August 2014

Colour Shop

I have to start by saying that this is my 100th blog post. I am pretty proud of getting to 100 without missing one. Thanks to everyone who is reading my blog and thanks for all of your lovely comments along the way!!

We have been talking about colours recently at school and it is always a lot of fun. We all wear the colour of the day and also try to eat fruit or vegetables that are the colour of the day- which gets quite tricky. Our activities revolve around the colour of the day, colour mixing and experimenting both inside and outside the classroom with colours.

I set up a colour shop in the classroom and I sorted the fruit, vegetables, bread products and packaged goods according to colour.

The children described their shopping purchases by their colour and it definitely made pack away time very easy!

Our Colour Shop





Our Writing Area
I also sorted all of our drawing and writing utensils into containers according to colour. Each container had a wide variety of shades of the base colour. Not only did this encourage children to experiment with different tones and shades but it was a colour sorting activity at pack away time.




Colour Playdough
I made one batch of playdough and made it into 19 different colours!!


We also sorted the outdoor equipment, collage materials, light table resources and manipulative materials. Have some colour fun with your children.
Here is to the next 100 blog posts!!!
Niccola


No comments:

Post a Comment