Tuesday 30 April 2013

Mother's Day

It is Mother's Day here in Australia on May the 12th so we have been enjoying talking about just how wonderful our Mums are. I find, when asking three year olds about their Mothers I get soo many beautiful, funny and interesting comments - and I love writing them on their paintings for the Mums to read.
We have made some gorgeous bags for our Mums, beautiful wrapping paper, cards, paintings of our Mums and hearts.

Today I thought I would feature our painted hearts and our beautiful wrapping paper.

I took some paper towels and cut them into heart shapes. The children then used eye-droppers to drop ink all over the heart. This took them a little while to grasp the concept of the eye-dropper but  it was a great fine motor activity and wonderful for discovering colour mixing.





When dry I pegged them to our classroom tree to be admired from inside and out!




Mothers Day wrapping paper:




I love brown paper, so I use it whenever I can. With the pastel colours I mixed up I thought it looked just delightful.
I made the printing stamps by cutting out hearts of kitchen sponges and glued them onto recycled containers.
I also used my hot-glue gun to make some hearts on wooden blocks. 




I think the result is lovely!


Some of the paintings of our Mums. Don't you just love them!



8 comments:

  1. Nice project! Just saw this post on the Sunday Showcase and followed you via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing on Tuesday Tots. I've featured this idea on Learn with Play at home this week. :) See it here: http://www.learnwithplayathome.com/2013/05/10-kid-made-mothers-day-gift-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Mother's Day crafts... esp their portraits of their mamas!! Thanks for sharing with us at Eco-Kids Tuesday!! Hope you join us again today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable - I've featured it in my Mother's Day round up on Empty Your Archive, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library. I am featuring it on iGameMom http://igamemom.com/2013/05/08/mothers-day-crafts-collage-program-giveaway-mom-library/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what beautiful ideas!! Thank you for sharing them at Crafty Moms Share Mother's Day Gift Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog!

    Hope you will stop by and like Simple as 1-2-3!

    =)

    http://simpleas1-2-3.blogspot.com


    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simple-as-1-2-3/159828580721825?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete

  8. In the United States (USA), celebrations of Mother’s Day began in the early 20th century. Here take a llok at mothers day wishes. It is not related to the many celebrations of mothers and motherhood that have occurred throughout the world over thousands of years, such as the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria, or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration (originally a commemoration of Mother Church, not motherhood). However, in some countries, Mother’s Day has become synonymous with these older traditions.

    You can download mothers day images from here. Also download ambedkar jayanti 2018 images online.

    ReplyDelete